At StarKlinics, we offer Invisalign as part of our broad range of cosmetic dentistry services on the Gold Coast. Invisalign is a breakthrough method for treating teeth misalignment that uses clear, removable aligners to straighten teeth and correct uneven bites.
Our multi-talented dental team are experts in orthodontics and can help you to achieve a sparkling, healthy smile with a treatment plan tailored to your specific needs.
Read on to discover all about Invisalign and how it can help you:
What Is Invisalign?
If you’ve been considering cosmetic dentistry to straighten your teeth, chances are you’ve heard of Invisalign braces. Invisalign has become hugely popular over the past few years thanks to its many benefits over traditional braces.
As the name suggests, Invisalign uses invisible aligners to straighten teeth. Unlike traditional metal braces, these aligners are made of clear, flexible plastic that is custom-made for your teeth. It’s virtually impossible to tell when you’re wearing them.
They’re also completely removable. In fact, you need to remove the aligners each time you eat and brush your teeth.
Invisalign is a popular choice for adults who want a straight smile but feel embarrassed about wearing very noticeable traditional metal braces. They’re also suitable for teens who are facing the same concerns.
What Are The Benefits Of Invisalign?
- The aligners are clear and much less noticeable than metal braces
- Patients don’t need to adjust to brackets and wires associated with traditional braces. Invisalign is a much more comfortable alternative
- They’re removable. Unlike braces that are fixed to the front or back of your teeth, Invisalign allows you to remove the aligners for daily activities such as eating, drinking and brushing your teeth
- Straightens misaligned teeth and corrects bites. Not only will this give you a spectacular smile but you’ll improve your overall oral health, too
- Increases confidence and boosts your self-esteem
- Less interruptive to your daily life
- Invisalign treatment is a much less invasive treatment than traditional orthodontic treatment
- Aligner trays can be custom-made using 3D scanning equipment, eliminating any discomfort for patients
- Invisalign treatment can be much quicker than braces. Some patients are able to straighten their teeth within 6-12 months
- Suitable for teens up to adults
How Does Invisalign Work?
Invisalign aligners apply gentle pressure on your teeth to gradually shift them into the correct position over a period of time.
During your initial orthodontic consultation, the orthodontist will take a scan of your teeth and determine the best treatment plan for you. Then, a set of aligner trays will be custom-made for you using 3D scanning equipment for a highly accurate impression of your teeth.
You’ll need to change the trays every 2 weeks. Each new tray is carefully designed to further shift your teeth into alignment.
Aligners need to be taken out for eating meals and brushing your teeth. It’s very important to brush and floss after each meal and stick to drinking clear liquids such as water for the duration of your treatment. If food becomes stuck between your teeth while wearing the aligners, you can increase your risk of tooth decay and cause cavities.
You’ll need to wear the aligners for a recommended 20-22 hours each day so your teeth have time to shift into alignment. The more you wear them, the more successful your end result will be.
When the treatment is complete, you’ll need to wear a retainer to maintain your new, beautiful smile. It’s generally recommended that you wear them between 12-22 hours a day during the first 3-6 months and then only at night for the next 6 months. After the first year you can then swap to wearing a retainer between 3-5 nights a week.